Thursday, April 05, 2012

i might be addicted to...

Maple syrup. But only the good kind. Aunt Jemima doesn't count.



Weird thing is, growing up I hated real syrup. I'm surprised my parents didn't disown me for that. If it continued, I might have disowned myself!

I'm glad I overcame that horrible, horrible period of time, because now I can't get enough.


Especially when I go over to my mom's house, see a huge gallon of it in her fridge, and have her offer to give me some. You don't ever turn down that offer. You take it home and add it to the next thing you might be addicted to...

Pancakes.


I'm always on the hunt for the perfect, fluffy pancake recipe. I might have found it. I love Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, and enjoyed her pancake recipe, but this one I used this morning, made extra fluffy pancakes.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup flour (I used wholewheat)
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1.75 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • half a banana, mashed
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened almond, but only had 2/3 cup left)
Directions:
  1. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt).
  2. In a small bowl, mash banana and combine with milk and vanilla extract
  3. Preheat frying pan to med-high and add some oil, cook pancakes for a few minutes per side.
I'm sure if I had the right amount of milk that went into the recipe, they wouldn't have turned out as fluffly. But I'm glad I ran out of almond milk. I love me some thick, fluffy pancakes!

And you cannot forget a third and final thing that I might be addicted to...

Peanut butter. Especially on pancakes.


My kinda new fav breakfast. I was on a toast kick for a loooooooong time. I don't know when exactly that changed, but now I'm just your average person jumping from breakfast to breakfast each morning...unless I had a man servant (read: the husband) to make pancakes each morning. Then yes, I'd probably stay on this pancake kick for a while.


My butt may not like it though, so, I'll have these bad boys in moderation ;) haha

And there you have it...I actually might be addicted to the above three foods and I'm not ashamed. I clearly love my breakfast items!

QUESTION: What foods/drinks are YOU addicted to?!