Thursday, March 01, 2012

my pledge to peanut butter

It's everywhere, yes I know - you know it's National Peanut Butter Lovers Day, and you probably know that I'm not a fairweather friend of the stuff. I absolutely love peanut butter and love even more that it's not just peanut butter day, but peanut butter lover day.


Nothing better than a dancing peanut to end the day devoted to lovers of PB...aka me!

But, before the night ends, I wanted to make sure I got this post in with the reasons I'm so addicted to it. In other words, my pledge to peanut butter:

  • It's good on anything - in fact, today my breakfast, snack and lunch all consisted on peanut butter --> toast, fruit, stirfries and sauces.
  • It's a source of protein - this is always a bonus when you eat it by the gallon!
  • It's versatile - baked goods or dinner or breakfast or snack, refer to the first point ;)
  • It goes best on pancakes. If you've never tried pancakes topped with peanut butter and syrup, I encourage to get on that right now - it might change your life!
  • It comes it different flavours - dark chocolate, anyone?!
  • It trumps other nut butters. I'm sorry but, it does. I do like the others, but nothing tastes as good as peanut butter does.
And those are what make me a true peanut butter lover, maybe an addict, but I hide the evidence well!

Happy National Peanut Butter Lovers Day! Like I need a reason to eat it, but I'll take it! 

FILL-IN-THE-BLANK: The way I enjoy my peanut butter is ___________.